Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Talk To Patients With Subclavian Steal Syndrome

Vesuvius with mussels and zucchini flowers

Have you seen how they lower the temperature? At least here in Rome in the evening and morning are just september. During the day, however, the sun heats up, but in any case, the brisk air feels!


Maybe that's why I was surprised yesterday when the market I found the pumpkin flowers. It 's true. Today we do not be surprised about anything, including greenhouses and imports throughout the year there is everything on our plates. But I disagree wholeheartedly. Apart from the environmental, importer, peaches from Argentina in December (it's an example, I really do not know if the amount of: -0) I find psychologically that eating with the seasons is more satisfying. Apart from that, I think, peaches in August, they taste much more good in December! :-)
On this I'm lucky. I have close to home, small grocery shops that provide the products according to the seasons and according to their production. The peas in the spring? A week. Then Kathy and Mimmo (the so called Fruttero) and ends them talk about it next year!
Anyway back to the pumpkin flowers, the seller assured me that veninvano from Calabria ... and are not as versed with pumpkin flowers to contest the claim. Maybe it's true! Some of Calabria in passing that I learned? : -0
fact is that in seeing them then I got a craving for pasta ... But with a little more! And ... DA - DA! Mussels!

Here is our dinner yesterday: Vesuvius (but you can make the plural? Mah! However, it is a pasta shape of Afeltra Gragnano) topped with mussels and zucchini flowers.
First, the mussels have opened and saved, filtered, the soup kitchen. I have completely shelled for convenience, but maybe leave some whole for decoration is not bad.

I cooked the pasta for half, threw it in the pan when I made garlic in a brown shirt, and I continued with the cooking liquid from the mussels. Almost cooked I added the flowers cut into strips and mussels.

Pepper and ... at the table!




Here it is on my plate! Slurp! :-)

soon


0 comments:

Post a Comment