Friday, September 10, 2010

Gay Sauna Cruising Etiquette

& Jelly Apples & Peppermint

Apple & Peppermint Jelly

After filling the basket came the moment of existential question of the typical post-harvest ... "and now what do I do with all this fruit and ???"..... without resorting to too my fantasy my answer was: "simple, jam !"....
I'm not a fan of the jam ... I eat very little .... I'm not even a fan of jellies, I eat even less ... so why am I bothered, since between peel and clean the fruit and wash and sterilize the jars, this is not exactly a small job?! Because what I like much is the feeling I get when I go into the pantry and find a nice band of jars of all shapes and sizes who speak different colors and scents of summer ... the sun and blue sky. I do not know how to explain it is possibly an ancestral feeling ... but "my jars" make me feel at home, safe and secure.
Then this year are no longer my own but our ..... and it is nice to say .... our jars ....

For this recipe I was inspired by several books, one for all is to Chistine Ferber, Mes Confitures , my favorite.

JELLY APPLES & PEPPERMINT
1.5 kg apples (I used those in my garden, but the rabbit Granny Smith)
1.5 L Water
500-750g sugar juice of 1 lemon
1 bunch mint

Wash in cold water and apples without peeling them, divide them into quarters cored. Put them in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn down and let simmer for 30 ', or until apples are cooked. With a fork, a spoon and crush well in order to obtain a puree and add the sprig of mint and leave to stand for 15-30 '. Now pick the juice, filtering out the fruit through a sieve with a dense grid by pressing lightly but not too much otherwise the jelly will be opaque. If you want to get a nice clear jelly, strain a second time using the colander lined with cheesecloth.
To prepare the gelatin in a saucepan combine 500-750g of sugar (the amount depends on your personal taste) for every liter of juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 10-15 'minutes. Check the freezing point. Place a few mint leaves in each jar (sterilizzato!) and when the jelly pot and is ready to close immediately and wait to form a vacuum. When
gelatin is almost solidified, invert a few times to distribute the mint leaves.

Apple & Peppermint Jelly

I filtered twice, but next time I'll do it once.
This jelly is really good and the mint helps to break the sweet note. It can also be used to polish the fruit tarts or apple, in which case maybe you should leave it natural without the addition of mint, or spice it, nothing prevents another way ....

A smile under glass
D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment