Friday, December 3, 2010

Kits For Building A Toy Chest

Tartlets with Persimmons & Crispy Nuts: How the Phoenix

Tartellette with Persimmon Jelly & Walnut Brittle

Another example of love at first sight ... well, I fell in love before the blue and white tiles used for the styling of the photo and then, only when it is proven, the recipe that comes straight from the book sweets and flowers for each season of the year .

Saturday night I go to my mom telling me "do the cake for the race of St. Martin, is not it ?"... I fall from the clouds as now happens more often and say," No, actually I did not think anything and not want to have all this ", followed by 15 minutes of persuasion on the part of present: mother, fiance and cousin. Succeed in their aim but there are two problems recently: I do not know what to do cake and also knowing I would not know where to retrieve the ingredients I need. Do you think that you think back, I cut the head of the bull with a "I will use what I have at home." I rummage in the pantry and cupboards in the kitchen and I find it all, but only so many empty seed packets open (or half full) so that they are no use. Jumping out with "I strudel and who we have seen we have seen," P. who decided to row against retorts, "but no strudel no, it's good but it's not nice ".... I start to count, he continues," but why not use something from our garden? we ... walnuts, hazelnuts, figs and persimmons in the pot .. it is better to use them because they honestly do not really have a pretty face "... are more than 100, fly over the comment about my potted figs (which else have a beautiful face, tie!) and go back to "nuts, walnuts, persimmons and hazelnuts are "..... eliminates nuts and walnuts and persimmons persimmon .... but where is that ...." I saw it ..... but yes, the recipe for blue and white tiles. "I take the book, I make the pastry using all the butter and I'm going to stay calm. Sunday morning, wake up early because the persimmon jelly must solidify. Since it is a race of cakes, I decided to make a version of "tarte" and a shell and bake 3 Guscetti for tarts. At this point my memories are confused .... I do not know why neither for nor how I managed to do a pike jump to 'I'm obviously blessed shell that smashed on the floor and becomes a istantaneamemnte crumble. Curse while I collect the pieces also because it's Sunday, the shops are closed and I have no more butter. Just when I was going to do with a reason, "'the cake is not to be done, point," he illuminates the idea, perhaps too advanced for the village where I live, thus making a deconstructed tarte rise from my sweet own ashes like the phoenix. It 'a beautiful tray of tarts with white ceramic cups and survivors' to form a composition very zen that I have appeared on time in the race.

tartlets PERSIMMON & Crispy
WALNUTS Serves 6

For the pastry: 250g flour 00


150g soft butter 60g sugar 75g walnuts, finely chopped


2 egg yolks 2 Tbsp water 1 pinch
salt

Prepare pastry and let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3-4mm and coating dies for 6 tarts. Bake at 160 ° C for 20-25 '.

For the jelly persimmon:
500g ripe persimmons

7g Sugar 20g gelatine leaves juice of half a lemon


Soak gelatin in cold water. Peel Persimmon and blend with lemon and sugar. Drain the gelatin and dissolve it in a saucepan over a low heat with one or two tablespoons of milk shake. Once melted add the rest and mix well. Distribute it in tarts and let rest in a cool place until full hardening. For the crispy

:
75g walnuts, coarsely chopped 150g sugar

4 Tbsp Water

Dissolve the sugar in a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of water without stirring. When the caramel has become blond walnuts add a little at a time so that the sugar to cool and then crystallized. Spread the crisp on a sheet of waxed paper and let cool. Just before

Crumble the crisp serve and decorate tarts (or glasses). This must be made at the time or the crisp is dampened.


Undoubtedly, tarts and shorts (which were a pleasant surprise) are the best way to enjoy this sweet because the various stocks are more balanced. I tried (as you see in first photo) to make a small slice of tarte but the taste did not give me the same satisfaction.
And here's my khakis that offers a cheerful splash of color to the snow-covered garden.

Persimmon Tree

A smile orange and good weekend,
D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment