Monday, November 22, 2010

Brookstone Helicopter Phantom

Pavlova: 34 candles plus 2!

Pavlova

Another turning point, and two candles ..... more to turn off, one for me and one for my baby beat blogging!
When I think about my birthday is automatically think of Bread cake that is my absolute favorite cake and this time my mum always prepares and this year, given a little time 'so, I needed a colored touch of sweetness and more and I was determined to spend my 40 eurini good (the result of a competitive place sencodo cakes ... but that's another story!) from my friend and give me such a nice pastry tray of pastries and sweet tooth happy. But I changed my mind at the last minute I decided to prepare this cake from the crisp shell and a soft heart to remind me that the grit, joy and strength I find in myself and not out ... so that I must be the sun in my sky. And in the face of this gray and rainy November I turned off my 34 candles on a cloud of fresh, colorful and simply heavenly goodness!

Pavlov
(For 10-12 persons)

300g egg whites (instead of 1-2 days and kept at room temperature for several hours)
600g sugar (icing, icing zephyr or half and half zephyr)
5 Tsp Maizena
2 1 / 2 tsp white vinegar
400ml fresh cream Fruit to decorate


Mount at low speed (*) the egg whites until stiff and add sugar a tablespoon or two at a time, while keeping the rate low. When all sugar has been incorporated and the meringue is soft and has little light to add the cornstarch and vinegar Binaca and mix well but gently with a whisk. Draw on a piece of parchment paper a circle of 26-28 cm in diameter and place it on a plate. Spread the meringue into the circle and bake at 120 ° C for 1 hour. Switch off, open the door slightly and leave in oven until completely cooled. Whip cream soda well (I put the bowl and beaters in freezer for 30 minutes at low speed and I mount it does not unmount!), Roll on the surface of the meringue and decorate with fruit as desired.

The meringue pavlova should be crispy outside and soft and dry inside ... do not worry if the cracks were formed, it is precisely its beautiful! Can not be prepared well in advance because otherwise it remains crisp meringue, however, holds good 2-3 hours.

(*) The pastry chef friend of mine taught me that to get super meringues should be borne in mind that the white "before you mount and unmount first" and then you have to assemble at low speed and with patience for a long time. In this way the white incamera the air in the form of tiny bubbles that make it very stable. Also advised me to join all the sugar with electric whips working to obtain Merighi soft-hearted or half of sugar together with electric whips and a half whisk or better, with his hands, to have beautiful meringues dry and dry.

A smile that wants to shine,
D.

PS. Last but not least .... Thank you all for your good and to make this little blogging beat a good part of me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment